There will be an increase in flights from Ahmedabad (AMD), while Jaipur (JAI) will experience a reduction in service.
SpiceJet Dubai Flights Update
Ahmedabad – Dubai effective from October 29, 2023:
- The frequency will increase from 7 to 9 weekly flights.
- Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
- Flight schedule:
- SG057 departing from Ahmedabad at 09:45 and arriving in Dubai at 11:55 on days 4 and 7.
- SG015 departing from Ahmedabad at 16:25 and arriving in Dubai at 18:25 daily.
- Return flights:
- SG058 departing from Dubai at 03:40 and arriving in Ahmedabad at 08:00 on days 4 and 7.
- SG016 departing from Dubai at 19:25 and arriving in Ahmedabad at 23:35 daily.
Jaipur – Dubai effective from October 29, 2023:
- The frequency will be reduced from 5 to 3 weekly flights.
- Aircraft: Boeing 737 MAX 8
- Flight schedule:
- SG057 departing from Jaipur at 09:25 and arriving in Dubai at 11:55 on days 2, 3, and 5.
- SG058 departing from Dubai at 03:40 and arriving in Jaipur at 08:25 on days 2, 3, and 5.
New Winter Flights
SpiceJet is set to launch the following services at the beginning of the Winter Schedule on October 29:
- Daily Q400 flights from Kolkata to Varanasi
- Daily Q400 flights from Kolkata to Vizag
- The Daily Boeing 737 flights from Chennai to Ahmedabad
- Daily Boeing 737 flights from Chennai to Pune
- Daily Boeing 737 flights from Bengaluru to Pune
- 13X weekly Q400 flights from Bengaluru to Mangaluru
- 5X weekly Q400 flights from Bengaluru to Goa Dabolim
The 18-year-old carrier temporarily suspended the Puducherry-Bengaluru-Hyderabad route amid an aircraft shortage. It will be interesting to see how things will work out for the airline.
The airline also leased Boeing 737 MAX from Corendon Airlines; however, due to payment issues with lessors, it had to return them.
According to Planespotters.net, SpiceJet has a fleet of 57 aircraft, including Boeing 737, De Havilland Canada DHC Q400, and Airbus A340.
But out of these 57, 26 are grounded and parked, while 31 are operational. So, the airline has almost 40% of aircraft on the ground and has been continuously losing its market share to its rivals.
Stay tuned with us. Further, follow us on social media for the latest updates.