LONDON- The UK Flag carrier British Airways (BA) has announced several intercontinental network changes for the Northern Summer 2024 season, set to take effect on March 31, 2024.
London Heathrow, the world’s second busiest airport, acts as the primary hub for British Airways, connecting flights to various regions, including Europe, North America, Latin America & the Caribbean, the Middle East & Asia, Africa & the Indian Ocean, and the Far East & Australia.
British Airways American Routes
These planned changes include:
- London Gatwick to Kingston: From July 6, 2024, to August 31, 2024, there will be an increase in frequency from 3 to 4 weekly flights utilizing Boeing 777-200ER aircraft.
- London Gatwick to Las Vegas: Starting March 31, 2024, the frequency will increase from 3 to 5 weekly flights operated by Boeing 777-200ER aircraft. From July 1, 2024, it will operate 4 times weekly.
- London Gatwick to Orlando: Effective March 31, 2024, the frequency will increase from 12 to 14 weekly flights using Boeing 777-200ER aircraft.
- London Gatwick to Vancouver: Seasonal service will commence three weeks earlier than initially planned, starting from April 29, 2024, with 6 weekly flights operated by Boeing 777-200ER aircraft.
- London Heathrow to San Diego: Starting March 31, 2024, Boeing 777-200ER aircraft will replace the A350-1000XWB, resulting in 1 daily flight. Additionally, from April 20, 2024, the frequency will increase from 1 to 2 daily flights, with a new flight operated by the 787-8 aircraft. Flight number changes will also be in effect.
Here are the flight schedule details:
From London Heathrow (LHR) to San Diego (SAN):
- Flight BA265 departs LHR at 12:15 PM and arrives in SAN at 3:25 PM daily, operated by a Boeing 777.
- Flight BA273 departs LHR at 3:00 PM and arrives in SAN at 6:10 PM on select days, operated by a Boeing 787. It operates on days excluding Thursdays.
- Flight BA273 departs LHR at 3:30 PM and arrives in SAN at 6:35 PM on Thursdays, operated by a Boeing 787.
From San Diego (SAN) to London Heathrow (LHR):
- Flight BA264 departs SAN at 5:15 PM and arrives in LHR at 11:45 AM the next day, operated by a Boeing 777 daily.
- Flight BA272 departs SAN at 8:00 PM and arrives in LHR at 2:30 PM the next day, operated by a Boeing 787 on select days. It operates on days excluding Thursdays.
- Flight BA272 departs SAN at 8:25 PM and arrives in LHR at 2:55 PM the next day, on Thursdays, operated by a Boeing 787.
Here are the previously reported changes:
London Heathrow – Baltimore/Washington effective 31MAR24: Three out of seven weekly flights will be operated by a Boeing 787-10 aircraft, replacing the previous -8 model.
Heathrow – Chicago O’Hare: Operational aircraft changes will occur starting from 31 MAR 24:
- Flight BA295/294: The 777-200ER will replace the 777-300ER.
- Flight BA297/296: The 787-10 will replace the 777-200ER, except for the period between 20APR24 and 10 MAY 24.
The London Heathrow – Johannesburg effective 31MAR24: The tentative listing includes one daily flight with an A380 and another with a 3-class 777-200ER, replacing the previous plan for two daily A380 flights in NS23.
London Heathrow – Singapore effective 31MAR24: The nonstop terminator service will be operated by an A380 aircraft, replacing the previous 777-300ER.
Stay tuned with us. Further, follow us on social media for the latest updates.