Beginning March 28, 2023, Ryanair will use the 189-seater Boeing 737-800 to serve the new route.
In yet another new-route announcement by Ryanair, the carrier will fly between Barcelona, Spain (BCN) and Copenhagen, Denmark (CPH) from March 28, 2023.
Ryanair will operate a Boeing 737-800 aircraft for the new 4x weekly service. Pandemic recovery with the air travel demand on the rise again, airlines worldwide are keen to recover the losses incurred during the COVID-19 pandemic.
European low-cost airlines are no exception when it arrives to restarting revoked routes and opening new routes. Ryanair, one of Europe’s biggest low-cost carriers, announced numerous new routes in 2023.
The 189-seater Boeing 737-800 will fly the following schedule
Earlier this year, Ryanair launched 5 new services from Ireland’s Shannon Airport (SNN) starting in the summer of 2023. With the route expansion from SNN, Ryanair will operate to Naples, Porto, Bezier, Newcastle, and Liverpool. The new services complement Ryanair’s existing network at Shannon Airport.
- New TATA Air India to Merge LCCs AirAsia India under One Air India Express, Aloke Singh will become CEO | Exclusive
- JetBlue flight evacuated at New York’s JFK Airport due to a smoking laptop | Exclusive
- Star Air New Assistant Technician Fraud, told Candidates to pay 1 lakh for the Job | Exclusive
Starting March 28, 2023, Ryanair will operate a 4x weekly service between Barcelona and Copenhagen. The airline intends to give flight offerings at different times during the day. Therefore, the 4x weekly service is scheduled to depart (and come) at various times of the day.
- From Barcelona to Copenhagen
- Mondays – FR 5068 departs BCN at 11:10 – arrives at CPH at 14:05
- Tuesdays – FR 5068 departs BCN at 17:35 – arrives at CPH at 20:30
- Thursdays – FR 5068 departs BCN at 10:15 – arrives at CPH at 13:10
- Saturdays – FR 5068 departs BCN at 16:05 – arrives at CPH at 19:00
- From Copenhagen to Barcelona
- Mondays – FR 5069 departs CPH at 07:40 – comes to BCN at 10:35
- Tuesdays – FR 5069 departs CPH at 14:05 – comes to BCN at 17:00
- Thursdays – FR 5069 departs CPH at 13:35 – comes to BCN at 16:30
- Saturdays – FR 5069 departs CPH at 19:25 – comes to BCN at 22:20
The company expects to offer 756 weekly seats in each direction with the above schedule. The only existing destination in Denmark that Ryanair operates from the Spanish city is Billund (BLL). The firm now operates the 3-hour service on Mondays and Fridays with the Boeing 737-800 aircraft. The carrier now connects the 2 countries with 378 weekly seats in each direction.
Along with other European low-cost carriers (ITA Airways, EasyJet, and Wizz Air), Ryanair also came under scrutiny for an unusual airfare price increase for flights between the primary Italian cities and Sicily.
Italian Competition Authority
According to the Sicilian Senator Maurizio Gasparri, “Those who travel to and from Sicily are forced to suffer an intolerable drain. The Antitrust must intervene immediately, and the airlines must be embarrassed by how they treat the Sicilian people. An unsustainable situation that must be stopped as soon as possible.” – Senator Maurizio Gasparri
The Italian Competition Authority is investigating the price-fixing scandal for various airlines during the 2022 holiday time. Airlines may be charged hefty fines if they are found guilty of distorting prices
Stay updated with Aviationa2z.com and Gooogle News