FLORIDA- As of October 22, 2023, Spirit Airlines (NK) has changed its operations for the upcoming December 2023 and January 2024. This includes suspending several routes during specific Northern Winter 2023/24 periods.
Some of these routes were initially set to resume in December 2023, but the resumption date has been adjusted to January 2024.
Spirit Airlines Cancels Some Flights
During the period from December 4, 2023, to January 10, 2024, Spirit Airlines will temporarily suspend the following routes reported by Aeroroutes:
- Baltimore/Washington – San Antonio
- Chicago O’Hare – New Orleans
- Cleveland – Atlanta
- Cleveland – Tampa
- Detroit – New Orleans
- Houston – Tegucigalpa Palmerola
- Las Vegas – St. Louis
- Los Angeles – Austin
- Myrtle Beach – Atlantic City
- Orlando – Hartford
- Orlando – Phoenix
- Orlando – Raleigh/Durham
Please note that certain routes may experience an extended suspension of service depending on future schedule updates.
Earlier Reported Changes
Here are the updated details regarding route changes for Spirit Airlines:
- Routes that were previously reported as removed:
- Fort Lauderdale – Aguadilla: The last flight was on December 3, 2023.
- Los Angeles – Los Cabos: The 3-weekly service was scheduled until November 13, 2023.
- Los Angeles – Puerto Vallarta: The 2-weekly service was scheduled until November 12, 2023.
- Orlando – Aguadilla: The last flight was on December 2, 2023.
- Orlando – Ponce: The last flight was on December 2, 2023.
- Philadelphia – Montego Bay: The service was originally scheduled from October 8, 2023, to March 5, 2024, with the last flight taking place on September 5, 2023.
- Additionally, the following routes, previously listed until December 3, 2023, have now been extended to May 7, 2024:
- Fort Lauderdale – Hartford
- Fort Myers – Atlanta
- It’s important to note that there are no changes to the planned service resumption date of November 15, 2023, for the Houston – Tampa route.
Starting in November 2023, Spirit Airlines is scheduled to introduce Airbus A321neo aircraft on the daily Fort Lauderdale – St. Croix route. The A321neo will replace the A320 aircraft on this route from November 15, 2023, to January 9, 2024.
Here are the flight details:
- Flight NK438 departs from Fort Lauderdale at 12:47 PM and arrives in St. Croix at 4:28 PM, using the A321neo aircraft. This flight operates daily.
- Flight NK449 departs from St. Croix at 5:23 PM and arrives in Fort Lauderdale at 7:31 PM, also using the A321neo aircraft. This flight is scheduled daily as well.
Stay tuned with us. Further, follow us on social media for the latest updates.