BUDAPEST- In the latter part of December 2023, Wizz Air submitted several adjustments to its services for the first quarter of 2024. A comparison of schedules between March 17, 2023, and December 31, 2023, reveals that the airline is temporarily halting operations on certain routes.
This suspension of service contributes to an earlier conclusion of operations for the winter season.
Wizz Air Suspends Flights
The listed changes encompass services operated by Wizz Air (W6), Wizz Air Malta (W4), Wizz Air Abu Dhabi (5W), and Wizz Air UK (W9). Routes that had already been discontinued in November 2023 for the 1Q24 schedule are not included in this particular list.
The schedule adjustments for various routes in the first quarter of 2024 are as follows:
- Abu Dhabi to Aqaba service will resume on 04FEB24 instead of 09JAN24.
- Bucharest to Luxembourg from 11JAN24 to 04FEB24.
- Bucharest to Tel Aviv service will resume on 06FEB24 instead of 09JAN24.
- Budapest to Dammam from 20JAN24 to 01APR24.
- Catania to Abu Dhabi from 21JAN24 to 15MAR24.
- Catania to Hahn from 22JAN24 to 31MAR24.
- Catania to Krakow from 20JAN24 to 14MAR24.
- Catania to Paris Beauvais from 07JAN24 to 15MAR24.
- Catania to Sharm el Sheikh from 22JAN24 to 14MAR24.
- Debrecen to Hurghada from 22JAN24 to 28MAR24.
- Dortmund to Nis from 21JAN24 to 15MAR24.
- Dortmund to Varna from 16JAN24 to 14MAR24.
- Katowice to Aqaba from 17JAN24 to 27MAR24.
- Katowice to Leeds/Bradford from 20JAN24 to 14MAR24.
- Krakow to Lyon from 20JAN24 to 14MAR24.
- Krakow to Reykjavik Keflavik from 21JAN24 to 15MAR24.
- Krakow to Stockholm Skavsta from 22JAN24 to 14MAR24.
- Krakow to Valencia from 22JAN24 to 16MAR24.
- Larnaca to Copenhagen from 22JAN24 to 16MAR24.
- Larnaca to Jeddah from 21JAN24 to 15MAR24.
- Larnaca to Varna from 15JAN24 to 16MAR24.
- London Luton to Ljubljana from 07FEB24 to 01APR24.
The affected routes and their respective suspension periods are as follows:
- Milan Malpensa to Hurghada from 20JAN24 to 14MAR24.
- Naples to Sharm el Sheikh from 22JAN24 to 15MAR24.
- Skopje to Bologna from 20JAN24 to 14MAR24.
- Skopje to Luxembourg from 20JAN24 to 14MAR24.
- Tirana to Comiso from 21JAN24 to 15MAR24.
- Tirana to Lamezia Terme from 22JAN24 to 15MAR24.
- Venice Marco Polo to Amman from 14JAN24 to 15MAR24.
- Venice Marco Polo to Riyadh from 16JAN24 to 14MAR24.
- Venice Marco Polo to Sharm el Sheikh from 14JAN24 to 30MAR24.
- Vienna to Dammam from 16JAN24 to 14MAR24.
- Vienna to Sharm el Sheikh from 16JAN24 to 15MAR24.
- Vilnius to Reykjavik Keflavik from 19JAN24 to 17MAR24.
- Warsaw to Agadir from 21JAN24 to 30MAR24.
- Warsaw to Aqaba from 17JAN24 to 29MAR24.
- Warsaw to Tirana from 20JAN24 to 04FEB24.
Due to these suspensions, Wizz Air will not be providing service to the following destinations during the specified periods: Aqaba, Comiso, and Lamezia Terme.
Stay tuned with us. Further, follow us on social media for the latest updates.