Akasa Air will operate two daily direct flights service between Bengaluru and Pune from today (making it the ninth destination on its network) and plans on boosting the frequency on the route soon.
Akasa Air announced
Akasa Air, India’s newest airline, launch its flight operations between Pune and Bengaluru today. Pune, the carrier’s 2nd city in Maharashtra after Mumbai, is the 9th location on its network.
Starting today, the airline will operate 2 daily flights on the Bengaluru-Pune route; beginning on December 10, 2022, there will be additional daily flights connecting the 2 IT cities.
Akasa Air declared starting of November that Visakhapatnam would become the 10th location on its network. Flights between the 2 cities are expected to start on December 10, 2022, and a 2nd frequency will be added on December 12, 2022.
Since its launch in August current year, Akasa Air, India’s newest airline has been progressively scaling up its operations, and by mid-December expects to cross over 450 weekly flights on a total of 14th routes across 10 cities – Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Kochi, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Guwahati, Agartala, Pune, and Visakhapatnam.
Akasa Air Tweet
- In a Tweet, Akasa Air wrote, “Feeling ‘Lai Bhaari’ as we take off for the 1st time from #Pune today! Now enjoy three daily direct flights service between Pune and Bengaluru.”
Praveen Iyer, Co-Founder, and Chief Commercial of Officer Akasa Air said
Commenting on the maiden flight and the new route, Praveen Iyer, Co-Founder, and Chief Commercial of Officer Akasa Air, stated, “Commencement of operations on this new route is a momentous occasion as we expand our footprint in Maharashtra by adding Pune to our network.
- Air India Express announces 2 new flight services from Kerala to Bahrain and Dammam
- Air India’s four Boeing 747-400 jumbo jets will be sold by a UK company | Exclusive
- Sanjiv Kapoor, Jet Airways CEO praises Akasa Air for Excellent Crew | Exclusive
Both Pune & Bengaluru are important IT centers, and enhanced connectivity on this route, backed by affordable fares, is in line with our purpose to strengthen important transportation links in our country, which will provide an increase in economic growth.
- We will soon launch another daily flight service on this new route from December 10 onwards, taking daily departures from Pune to 3 convenient options throughout the day.”
Akasa Air began its commercial operations with 2 aircraft and has subsequently received 9 aircraft to date. It will continue to increase its network to launch a strong pan-India presence focusing on the metro to tier two and three route connectivity, operating a fleet expansion plan that adds 1 new aircraft every 15 days.
Akasa Air’s fleet size will be 18 aircraft by the end of March 2023, and over the next 4 years, the airline will add 54 additional aircraft, taking its total fleet size to 72 aircraft.
Stay updated with Aviationa2z.com