GURUGRAM- Tata-owned Air India (AI) aims to incorporate Phuket, Ho Chi Minh City, Boston, and Los Angeles into its approximately 40 international destinations network, with plans for additional flight frequencies to Australia and Europe.
Scheduled for consistent aircraft deliveries, Air India (AI) is poised to expand its international flight offerings this winter.
Air India Boston, LA, and Other New Flights
FE Sources indicate that Phuket and Ho Chi Minh City are expected to launch bookings in December, while flights to Boston and LA may commence in early 2024. The initiation of flights to new international destinations is contingent upon the arrival of new and leased aircraft.
There are over half-a-dozen prospective international destinations under consideration. Phuket and Ho Chi Minh City services will be operated using narrow-body aircraft.
As a result, the airline anticipates the incorporation of more than 30 wide-body and narrow-body aircraft into its fleet by March 2024, encompassing A350s, B777s, and A320neos.
Reliable sources suggest that the airline is set to receive five Boeing 777s, six Airbus A350s, and 20 A320 aircraft. Additionally, there are plans to boost flight frequencies to Australia, with a particular focus on the Delhi-Sydney and Mumbai-Melbourne routes.
Air India has recently initiated flights on four new routes, including Bengaluru-Singapore, Kochi-Doha, Kolkata-Bangkok, and Mumbai-Melbourne.
For its winter schedule in 2023, the airline aims to operate over 200 weekly flights, having already added more than 80 weekly flights.
At the start of the winter schedule, the airline has increased frequencies by ’25X’ weekly flights (each way) on eight international routes spanning Southeast Asia, the United States, and Europe.
In total, Air India has strategic plans to incorporate over 400 weekly flights into its domestic and international network until March 2024
Delhi to Kathmandu Route
During the commencement of the Northern Winter 2023/24 season, Air India (AI) introduced Airbus A321neo service on an international route, commencing with operations on the Delhi (DL) – Kathmandu (KTM) route.
Starting October 29, 2023, the A321neo will be utilized for one of the three daily flights on this route.
Here’s the flight Schedule for Delhi to Kathmandu route:
- AI213: Departure from Delhi (DEL) at 06:55, Arrival at Kathmandu (KTM) at 09:05, Aircraft: A321, Daily
- AI215: Departure from Delhi (DEL) at 12:40, Arrival at Kathmandu (KTM) at 14:45, Aircraft: A32A, Daily
- AI211: Departure from Delhi (DEL) at 18:45, Arrival at Kathmandu (KTM) at 20:40, Aircraft: A32A, Daily
- AI214: Departure from Kathmandu (KTM) at 10:05, Arrival at Delhi (DEL) at 11:45, Aircraft: A321, Daily
- AI216: Departure from Kathmandu (KTM) at 15:45, Arrival at Delhi (DEL) at 17:25, Aircraft: A32A, Daily
- AI212: Departure from Kathmandu (KTM) at 21:40, Arrival at Delhi (DEL) at 23:20, Aircraft: A32A, Daily
Stay tuned with us. Further, follow us on social media for the latest updates.