Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia said with 63 air routes being allotted to Uttar Pradesh, the state will have much more such connectivity under the regional connectivity scheme of the Centre, boosting the number of new routes to 108.
Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia
Jyotiraditya Scindia told this on Friday after inaugurating direct flights between Lucknow and Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Goa by Air Asia. Speaking on the occasion, Scindia stated that it is a historic event that an airline has connected a city with eight connecting flights to five cities in India.
- Lucknow is now connected to Delhi with 3 flights, Bengaluru with 2 flights, Mumbai with one flight, Kolkata with one flight, and Goa with one flight in a day, the minister said.
- The flight between Lucknow and Delhi, Bengaluru and Goa commenced effectively from Friday and between Lucknow and Mumbai and Kolkata from September 1.
Civil aviation in Uttar Pradesh
Commenting on the works carried out by his ministry for promoting civil aviation in Uttar Pradesh, Scindia said, “It provides me immense pleasure to state that under the UDAN scheme, we have allotted 63 new routes to the state of Uttar Pradesh and in future, we will grow it to 108 so that civil aviation can reach every corner of Uttar Pradesh.
- China restarts International commercial flights after the Covid-19 isolation
- Karnataka Government: Break buildings taller than 45m near Jakkur airport
- Boeing gets FAA approval to resume 787 Dreamliner aircraft delivery
“We have also marked 18 airports in Uttar Pradesh under the UDAN scheme which will need an investment of Rs 1,121 crore for infrastructure growth. Uttar Pradesh will have 5 international airports which itself will be a landmark in the country.”
The minister also told that Uttar Pradesh is a shining example of ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ and to achieve this, airports at Chitrakoot, Muradabad, Aligarh, Azamgarh, and Shravasti apart from Jewar and Ayodhya are being constructed.
These new projects will further strengthen connectivity between Lucknow and the key cities in the country, which will promote tourism, trade, and commerce in the region. They will also offer affordable, on-time, safe, and hassle-free travel experiences to the people residing in Lucknow, Scindia stated.
Stay updated with Aviationa2z.com
Join Our Telegram group for the latest updates