The trial run was conducted ahead of the commencement of the commercial flight services between the 2 cities.
An Indian Air flight on Wednesday took off from Biju Patnaik International Airport (BPIA), Bhubaneswar as part of the first trial flight from the city to Jeypore in the Koraput district.
- The trial run was conducted ahead of the commencement of the commercial flight services between Bhubaneswar to Jeypore.
The flight took off from the Capital city with only the aircraft staffers onboard at 10.15 am. It is expected to land at Jeypore in 45 minutes.
Biju Patnaik International Airport
The flight will then return from Jeypore to Bhubaneswar at noon, said Biju Patnaik International Airport (BPIA) Director Prasanna Pradhan.
- Boeing and AIESL announce partnership for the maintenance of B777 aircraft used by VVIPs
- Vistara announces to start operating on the Mumbai-Jeddah route
- Karnataka Government: Break buildings taller than 45m near Jakkur airport
- The Jeypore airstrip will be the third to get the civil aviation airport tag in the State after Bhubaneswar and Jharsuguda.
Bhubaneswar to Jeypore
Earlier, Indian Air Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Arun Kumar Singh had told, “The first flight will fly directly from Bhubaneswar to Jeypore and Jeypore to Vishakhapatnam. After stabilization of operations, we will commence services from Utkela.”
“The rates will be like the AC 2nd-tier or will be lower than that. Initially, we will arrive up with some promotional schemes and the passengers can enjoy air travel within Rs 500-1000. However, the ticket rates depend on inflation, so I can’t quote the cost right now. But, the price will be affordable for all,” Singh said.
Stay updated with aviationa2z.com
Join our Telegram group for the latest updates