This collaboration, while bolstering Air India’s international network, will provide Air India passengers with seamless connections between various gateways such as New York JFK, Newark-New Jersey, Washington DC, Chicago, San Francisco, and Vancouver, to and from 32 destinations across the USA, Mexico, and Canada within Alaska Airlines’ network.
Air India Alaska Airlines Interline
The agreement encompasses bilateral interlining, enabling both airlines to offer tickets for travel on each other’s networks.
Furthermore, the two airlines have also entered into a Special Prorate Agreement, granting Air India the capability to offer ‘through fares’ for routes covering Alaska Airlines’ network.
Passengers will also have the advantage of Air India’s complimentary baggage allowance on Alaska Airlines routes.
Nipun Aggarwal, Chief Commercial and Transformation Officer at Air India expressed, “Our partnership with Alaska Air is set to expand our international presence in the United States and Canada, even reaching into Mexico, thereby boosting our network expansion initiatives. This collaboration will empower us to offer a broader range of choices to our passengers and signifies a significant advancement in our mission to enhance connectivity.”
North American Routes
Passengers will have the opportunity to connect to various destinations within Alaska Airlines’ network from Air India’s existing gateways in North America:
- From New York JFK: Passengers can access flights to Portland, San Diego, and Seattle.
- From Newark-New Jersey: Destinations include Los Angeles, Portland, San Diego, and Seattle.
- From Chicago: Options encompass Portland, Seattle, Anchorage, and Boise.
- From Washington DC: Available routes lead to Los Angeles, San Diego, and Seattle.
- From San Francisco: There are connections to 26 locations within the USA and 6 in Mexico, covering cities like Salt Lake City, Orange County, Tampa, Anchorage, Austin, and more.
- From Vancouver: Passengers can reach Seattle.
This expansion of connectivity offers travelers a wider range of destinations and a more convenient travel experience.
At present, Air India conducts 47 non-stop flights per week, connecting Delhi, Bengaluru, and Mumbai to five major American cities, namely New York, Newark, Washington DC, Chicago, and San Francisco.
Additionally, the airline operates 14 non-stop flights each week linking Delhi to Toronto and Vancouver in Canada.
Stay tuned with us. Further, follow us on social media for the latest updates.