NEW YORK- U.S. citizens in Tel Aviv looking to return to the U.S. now have new travel options thanks to the U.S. Department of State chartering flights departing from Ben Gurion Airport (TLV) to various European destinations.
Passengers can then continue their journey to the U.S. on commercial flights, including those operated by Delta Air Lines (DL).
Delta New York to Tel Aviv Flights
Delta Airlines has introduced direct flights departing from Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos (ATH) to New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to assist with repatriation efforts:
- Date: Monday, Oct. 16 Route: ATH-JFK Time: 16:45 (local time in Athens) Flight #: 9901 Aircraft: A330-900
- Date: Tuesday, Oct. 17 Route: ATH-JFK Time: 16:45 (local time in Athens) Flight #: 9901 Aircraft: A330-900
- Date: Wednesday, Oct. 18 Route: ATH-JFK Time: 16:45 (local time in Athens) Flight #: 9901 Aircraft: A330-90
How US Citizens Can Return From Israel
If you are a U.S. citizen in Tel Aviv seeking to return to the United States, Delta Airlines provides the following steps for your travel arrangements:
- Register for U.S. Dept. of State Charter Flights:
- Given that no U.S. airline currently operates at Ben Gurion Airport (TLV), the U.S. Department of State organizes charter flights to assist U.S. citizens and their immediate family members who wish to depart from Israel.
- Registration for these charter flights is mandatory and can be completed through the Dept. of State’s online form.
- Book a Seat on Delta Flight 9901 from Athens to New York JFK:
- If you are a Delta customer with an existing Delta itinerary that includes TLV travel, you have the option to book a seat on Delta flight 9901 departing from Athens to New York JFK.
- To do this, please contact Delta Reservations at 1-800-221-1212. A Delta Reservations specialist will assist you in changing your reservation and booking an available seat on one of the new direct flight options departing from Athens. They can also help arrange connecting flights if New York is not your final destination.
- Although Delta has allowed customers to change their existing TLV itineraries and process refunds through digital means, these additional charter flights for those departing TLV require the assistance of a Delta Reservations specialist to change reservations. Attempting to modify your reservation through the Fly Delta app or Delta.com might incur fare difference charges despite Delta’s waiver for this market.
- Book a Seat on Any Delta Flight Back to the United States:
- Suppose you have already left Israel and wish to return to the United States from another location. In that case, you can utilize the Delta TLV waiver to make the necessary changes to your itinerary.
- Alternatively, you can contact Delta Reservations at 1-800-221-1212 for further assistance.”
This information guides U.S. citizens in Tel Aviv on returning to the U.S. with Delta Airlines through a charter flight arranged by the U.S. Department of State and other Delta flight options.
Together in Difficult Times
Reserving Seats for Departing TLV Passengers:
Delta Airlines makes direct flights from Athens to New York available for booking through multiple platforms, including Delta.com, the Fly Delta app, and Delta Reservations. However, Delta kindly requests that travelers who are not planning to return to the United States from Tel Aviv (TLV) refrain from booking these flights.
Monitoring Bookings for Further Repatriation Support:
Delta will maintain close collaboration with the U.S. Department of State and continually monitor bookings for these three new flights. This is done to assess whether additional seats are required from the market to facilitate the repatriation of passengers.
Continuous Assessment of TLV Market:
Delta remains dedicated to the well-being of those affected by the situation in Tel Aviv. The airline’s team monitors the ever-changing security conditions and evaluates its operations based on security guidance and the latest intelligence reports. This includes the most recent travel advisory issued by the U.S. Department of State.
Temporary Booking Suspension for TLV Flights to/ from ATL and BOS:
At present, bookings for TLV flights to or from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) and Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) have been temporarily suspended. However, customers can make reservations for flights between New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and TLV for travel dates starting from November 1 and beyond.
Seats on Delta’s partner airlines are available for booking on Delta.com and through Delta Reservations when they are offered. Please be prepared for potential adjustments to the TLV flight schedule, which might include further cancellations as needed for the safety of passengers and crew. Delta Airlines remains committed to assisting individuals requiring travel.
This information outlines Delta Airlines’ approach to seat reservations, ongoing monitoring, and continuous assessment of the Tel Aviv market.
Stay tuned with us. Further, follow us on social media for the latest updates.