MONTREAL- The most recent overview of Air Canada (AC) international flight schedule changes for the upcoming winter season of 2023/24, excluding Central America and The Caribbean, as of October 9, 2023.
This update also provides a general overview of Air Canada’s international flight network for the 2023/24 season.
Air Canada Intercontinental Changes
Here are the New Changes reported by Aeroroutes:
- Starting November 5, 2023, Air Canada will replace the 787-9 aircraft with an A330-300 on its daily flights from Montreal to Brussels. Note that the 787-9 will operate on 4 out of 7 weekly flights from February 8 to February 16, 2024.
- Effective January 19, 2024, Air Canada will replace the 450-seater 777-300ER with a 787-9 on its daily flights from Montreal to Frankfurt.
- From January 7 to February 21, 2024, Air Canada will continue to offer service on its Montreal to Lisbon route with 3 weekly flights using the A330-300. However, there’s a change from January 17 to February 5, 2024, where the service will be reduced to 2 weekly flights. This adjustment was not reported in the previous update on AeroRoutes.
- Starting October 29, 2023, Air Canada will replace the A330-300 with a 787-9 aircraft on its Montreal to London Heathrow route, except for selected dates in February 2024 when the A330-300 and 400-seater 777-300ER will be used.
- For the Montreal to Rome Fiumicino route, there are planned increases in service frequency from 2 to 3 weekly flights starting October 28, 2023. However, there will be changes between January 22 and February 11, 2024. Furthermore, there’s a modification in the planned aircraft, with a 450-seater 777-300ER from October 28 to November 30, 2023, an A330-300 from December 1, 2023, to February 28, 2024, and a 400-seater 777-300ER from March 1 to March 30, 2024. These changes supersede the initial plan of using the 787-8 aircraft until early January 2024.
- Starting from October 29, 2023, the Montreal to Toulouse route will continue to operate with 4 weekly flights, as scheduled in the Northern Winter 2023 (NW23) season. This remains unchanged from the 5 weekly flights in the Northern Summer 2023 (NS23) season. However, there will be a reduction to 3 weekly flights from November 4, 2023, to December 3, 2023. Please note that this route was initially listed as having 3 weekly flights in NW23.
- For the Toronto to Frankfurt route, there are revised operational aircraft assignments. Flight AC840/841, initially filed to operate with a 777-300ER, will be replaced by an A330-300 from October 29, 2023, to November 30, 2023, and then switch to a 787-9 starting from December 1, 2023. For flight AC842/843, there will be a reduction from 7 to 6 weekly flights, effective from October 28, 2023, to December 3, 2023. Initially filed to use a 777-300ER, it will continue with this aircraft type.
- The Toronto to Lisbon route will maintain its service from January 8, 2024, to February 22, 2024, with an A330-300. However, there will be a reduction from 4 to 3 weekly flights from January 15, 2024, to February 4, 2024.
- On the Toronto to Paris CDG route, an A330-300 will replace the initially planned 787-9 aircraft starting October 29, 2023. Between January 16, 2024, and February 11, 2024, there will be a reduction from 7 to 6 weekly flights.
- The Toronto to Rome Fiumicino route will now operate year-round instead of ending in early January 2024. There will be a reduction from 4 to 3 weekly flights from January 25, 2024, to February 12, 2024. Initially filed to use a 787-8, it will follow the revised aircraft assignments:
- From October 28, 2023, to November 30, 2023: 450-seater 777-300ER
- From December 2, 2023, to February 27, 2024: A330-300
- From February 29, 2024, to March 30, 2024: 400-seater 777-300ER
- On the Toronto to Vienna route, there will be a reduction from 5 to 4 weekly flights starting from January 19, 2024. The latest revision to planned operational aircraft in the first quarter of 2024 involves the replacement of the initially filed 787-9 aircraft with the following:
- From October 28, 2023, to November 30, 2023: 787-8 (no change)
- From December 1, 2023, to December 31, 2023: A330-300 (no change)
- From January 1, 2024, to January 7, 2024: 787-8 (previously scheduled for January 1, 2024, to March 30, 2024)
- From February 29, 2024, to March 30, 2024: 787-8 (selected dates by -9)
- Starting from December 1, 2023, a 400-seater 777-300ER will replace the 787-9 aircraft for the Vancouver to London Heathrow route. Note that on selected dates in January and February 2024, a 450-seater aircraft will operate. This route was initially filed as 1 daily with a 787-9 starting from October 29, 2023.
- From December 2, 2023, to January 16, 2024, there is a planned increase in the Vancouver to Sydney route, from 7 to 10 weekly flights. There is also a change in aircraft type for 3 weekly flights (AC037/038):
- From December 2, 2023, to December 23, 2023: 777-200LR
- From December 26, 2023, to January 16, 2024: 787-9 (previously, in NW22, operated as 1 daily with a 777-200LR and 3 weekly with a 787-9)
- Finally, on the Vancouver to Tokyo Narita route, starting from December 26, 2023, a 450-seater 777-300ER will replace the 787-9 aircraft for 1 daily flight.
Stay tuned with us. Further, follow us on social media for the latest updates.