MEXICO CITY- The flag carrier of Mexico, Aeromexico (AM), has announced and scheduled a new flight to the United States (US) with the help of Embraer E190 aircraft. This decision to add more flights to the US came after the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) gave Mexico a Category 1 status.
With the restoration of Category 1 status, Mexico gains the ability to introduce new services and routes to the United States. At the same time, U.S. airlines can once again promote and sell tickets using their names and designator codes on flights operated by Mexican carriers.
Aeromexico New US Flights
The 90 years old Aeromexico has outlined the initial phase of its new U.S. route schedule, which IshrionA shares:
- Starting January 8, flights will be from Atlanta (ATL) to Guadalajara (GDL).
- Also commencing on January 8, flights from Atlanta (ATL) to Monterrey (MTY) will be available.
- Beginning March 14, flights will be from Atlanta (ATL) to León (BJX).
- On March 14, flights from Atlanta (ATL) to Mérida (MID) will be introduced.
- Finally, from May 16, there will be flights from New York (JFK) to Monterrey (MTY).
- From March 14, there will be daily flights from Salt Lake City (SLC) to Monterrey (MTY).
- Also, starting March 14, daily flights from Detroit (DTW) to Guadalajara (GDL) will be available.
- Commencing on January 8, there will be flights six times a week from Detroit (DTW) to Querétaro (QRO), with a total of six flights per week.
Please stay tuned for further route announcements, as previously mentioned.
AM-Delta US Routes
Starting in January 2024, Aeromexico (AM) will gradually introduce 17 new routes departing from seven airports in Mexico to reach nine destinations in the United States. These flights will all be supported by Delta (DL) codeshare.
Through the addition of these new routes and increased frequencies on existing routes, the Mexican airline aims to operate nearly 60 daily flights to the United States by July 2024.
This represents a 35% increase in departures compared to 2023 and extends their presence to 36 U.S. markets. Delta, in turn, plans to operate 34 daily flights to Mexico by July 2024, serving seven different Mexican destinations.
Overall, the Aeromexico-Delta JCA will provide over 30% more available seats year-over-year, offering passengers a broader range of options for traveling between the U.S. and Mexico.
By 2024, this partnership will offer more than 90 daily flights between Mexico and the United States across nearly 60 routes.
This demonstrates the commitment of the cross-border alliance to strengthen ties between the two countries, providing a robust network, seamless connectivity, and industry-leading products and services to travelers.
Stay tuned with us. Further, follow us on social media for the latest updates.