UNITED STATES- If you’re an infrequent voyager aiming to cut costs on your upcoming trip or a frequent explorer in pursuit of deluxe travel advantages, a travel Credit and rewards card will best suit your needs.
6 Best Travel Credit Cards
Here, we’ll dissect the prime selections for the most exceptional credit cards catering to travel rewards.
1) Top Choice for Beginners
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card
- No requirement to counterbalance an annual fee.
- Low minimum expenditure for the sign-up bonus
- Inferior rewards rate and fewer perks compared to cards with an annual fee
- Decreased mile value for non-travel redemption like statement credits or gift cards
- $0 annual fee and no foreign transaction charges
- Earn a bonus of 20,000 miles upon spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equivalent to $200 for travel
- Unlimited 1.25X miles earned on every single purchase, daily Accrued miles remain valid throughout the account’s duration, with no limits on earning
- Earn 5X miles on hotel and rental car bookings via Capital One Travel, accessing optimal prices on numerous travel choices
- Utilize miles for travel expense reimbursement—or redeem via booking with Capital One Travel Transfer miles to a preferred selection of 15+ travel loyalty programs
- Enjoy 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months; variable APR of 19.99% – 29.99% post-intro period; a 3% fee for transfers within the initial 15 months
2) Best for Luxury Travel
The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Vast assortment of travel credits and high-end benefits
- Capability to transfer points to various airline partners, including Delta Air Lines (DL)
- Restricted bonus categories
- Annual fee ranks among the highest in the realm of travel cards
Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® Points after spending $6,000 on the Card in your initial 6 months of Card Membership.
Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for direct airline bookings or via American Express Travel, up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year, and 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepayment of hotels booked with American Express Travel.
$200 Hotel Credit: Receive up to $200 in statement credits annually on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings through American Express Travel using your Platinum Card®.
$240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Enjoy up to $20 in monthly statement credits when making eligible purchases with your Platinum Card® from providers like Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu, The New York Times, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The Wall Street Journal. Enrollment required.
$155 Walmart+ Credit: As a Walmart+ member, benefit from online and in-store shopping perks. Cover the monthly Walmart+ membership cost with your Platinum Card® to receive a full statement credit. $12.95 plus applicable taxes. Not eligible for Plus Up Benefits.
$200 Airline Fee Credit: Select a qualifying airline and get up to $200 in statement credits annually for incidental fees charged by the airline to your Card.
$200 Uber Cash: Exclusive Uber VIP status and up to $200 in annual Uber savings for rides or eat orders in the US. Available to Basic Card Members only. Benefit renews each year. There are many more benefits that we cannot list here.
Annual fee of $695.
3) Ideal for Casual Travelers
Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card
- Incredibly adaptable redemption policy, extending to select non-travel purchases.
- Redeem rewards as a statement credit months after the initial travel or dining expenditure.
- Travel rewards rate falls slightly short compared to competitors in this category.
- The sign-up offer isn’t the most lucrative available.
Earn endless 1.5 points for every $1 spent across all purchases. No annual fee, no foreign transaction charges, and no points expiration.
Secure 25,000 online bonus points upon spending at least $1,000 in the first 90 days of opening an account—equivalent to a $250 statement credit for travel expenses.
Redeem points for a statement credit to cover travel or dining expenditures like flights, hotels, car rentals, vacation bookings, baggage fees, and restaurant dining, including takeout.
Enjoy 0% Introductory APR for 15 purchase billing cycles and balance transfers within the initial 60 days. Following the introductory period, a Variable APR of 18.24% – 28.24% will apply, alongside a 3% fee for all balance transfers.
As a Preferred Rewards member, you could earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase. Thus, your potential points per $1 spent could escalate to 1.87-2.62.
Contactless Cards: Blend chip card security with the ease of tap-based transactions.
4) Top Choice for Travel Credits
Bank of America® Premium Rewards® credit card
- The $100 annual statement credit towards airline expenses and application fee credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry well outweigh the $95 annual fee.
- Preferred Rewards members enjoy some of the highest rewards rates among travel and cash-back credit cards.
- Benefits are less robust for non-Preferred Rewards members compared to similar annual fee cards.
- The $100 airline incidental credit solely covers qualifying incidentals, not actual flight costs.
- NEW OFFER! Receive 60,000 online bonus points—an estimated $600 value—after spending at least $4,000 within the first 90 days of opening an account.
- Earn endless 2 points for each $1 spent on travel and dining expenses and an ongoing 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases. No points ceiling, no expiration.
- Bank of America Preferred Rewards members gain 25%-75% extra points on every purchase. This translates to 2.5-3.5 points on travel and dining purchases and 1.87-2.62 points on all other expenses per $1 spent.
- Benefit from up to $100 in yearly Airline Incidental Statement Credits and TSA PreCheck®/Global Entry Statement Credits, valid every four years.
- Travel Insurance coverage aids with trip delays, cancellations, baggage delays, and lost luggage.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Modest $95 annual fee.
5) Top For Economy Travelers
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card
- The annual fee can be offset with a 3,000-point anniversary bonus.
- Notable perks on a domestic airline renowned for customer-friendliness
- Lacks certain common travel card benefits like priority boarding or accelerated elite status
- Limited airline partners and international travel choices
- Attain 50,000 bonus points post spending $1,000 on purchases in the initial 3 months since account opening.
- Receive 3,000-anniversary points each year.
- Accrue 2X points on Southwest® purchases.
- Earn 2X points on local transit and commuting, including ridesharing.
- Acquire 2X points on internet, cable, and phone services, and select streaming.
- Enjoy 2 EarlyBird Check-In® opportunities annually.
- Gain 1 point for every $1 expended on all remaining purchases.
6) Top Pick For United MileagePlus Members
United Quest℠ Card
- Impressive initial bonus and yearly credits
- Effortless mile accumulation via popular bonus categories such as dining and select streaming purchases
- Steep annual fee for infrequent United travelers
- Lacks access to airport lounges
- Secure 60,000 bonus miles and 500 PQP through qualifying purchases
- Earn 3 miles for every $1 spent on United® purchases
- Attain 2 miles for each $1 spent on all other travel, dining, and select streaming services
- Receive 1 mile for every $1 spent on all remaining purchases
- Complimentary first and second checked bags—a savings of up to $320 per roundtrip (terms apply)—and priority boarding
- Obtain a United® purchase credit of up to $125 and two 5,000-mile anniversary award flight credits annually (terms apply)
- Accumulate up to 6,000 Premier qualifying points (500 PQP for every $12K spent on purchases)
Picking a card solely based on the miles or points you accumulate can lead to costly errors. Redemption worth fluctuates, and the transfer of points and miles isn’t always a direct 1-to-1 match—earning 1,000 “miles” might not equate to 1,000 miles in travel.
So choose your cards according to your travel needs and daily or weekly spending.
Further, these are just suggestions; we don’t earn any commissions through them. Additional terms and conditions Apply.
Stay tuned with us. Further, follow us on social media for the latest updates.