A passenger came that his luggage with the plane was not at Chicago airport because the airlines failed to load the whole baggage.
The national carrier Air India (AI) from Delhi to Chicago (US) took off from Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport in the national capital on August 29 without the baggage of 40 passengers.
luggage of 40 passengers
- Flight lands without the luggage of 40 passengers. Imagine the plight of those people in these challenging times,” a Twitter handle Manmohan tweeted tagging Aviation minister Jyotiraditya Scindia.
- Soon after, Aviation Minister took cognizance of a complaint on the tweet and demanded the airline to study the complaint properly.
- “Air India please investigate and respond,” Scindia tweeted. Air India informed the complainant and initiated an inquiry against the baggage misplaced issues of the passengers.
“We are investigating this with our Chicago baggage organization to address this on priority,” AI tweeted. A student who traveled on AI-127 on seat number 49A from Delhi to Chicago has expressed his attention over the matter.
“Travelling in a pandemic is an important responsibility as there are many restrictions, so we cannot move with excess weight in hand baggage.
- Therefore! We packed our luggage and my important stuff was in my luggage…which the Air India flight took us to Chicago without baggage.
- It is very difficult for me here in Chicago because everything was in my luggage including my college documents, clothes, and daily use items,” the passenger said.
A traveler’s relative in Delhi said, “for someone who has traveled a big flight distance of more than 14 hours in a pandemic, think how tough times they are facing currently without their bags.”
- Meanwhile, the Air India team provided an initial report on the above-misplaced baggage problems to be placed before the civil Minister.
According to an Air India official who is reviewing the matter, “due to the longer routes that are being planned now, there are any payload restrictions for which some baggage may not get loaded.
However, all effort is being made to give the related expeditiously.”
Also read:SpiceJet Call Centre Executive Walk-In-Interview In Ahmedabad
Also read:The Noida civil aviation center to get larger at jewar