The “Global Aviation Satcom Growth Opportunities” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The aviation Satcom market is poised for recovered flight operations and connectivity that will improve passenger experience, enhance security, and increase the efficiency of flight services of airlines.
10-year budget for 2020 to 2030
This research covers the global aviation sitcom market and provides a 10-year budget from 2020 to 2030. The total aviation Satcom market was worth $527.2 million in 2020 and, considering the impact of COVID-19, it is required to expand at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 3.3% until 2030.
This examination covers the sitcom service used for the cockpit, cabin, and IFEC. Cockpit accounts for 80.9% of the market share.
The share of cockpit Satcom is expected to increase, as the airline will add more next-generation aircraft in the existing fleet, whereas the need for cabin and IFEC is expected to increase, as airlines want to provide extra services to customers.
This will not only increase the passenger knowledge and process efficiency but also help in making aircraft more connected during the flight to further reduce the chances of losing signals.
The search for new aviation Satcom will largely come from Asia-Pacific due to the increase in aircraft orders from China and India, whereas the demand from the replacement of older aircraft will be mainly seen in North America and Europe.
Globally, Full-Service Carriers (FSCs) are now using Satcom services to a high extent connected to Low-Cost Carriers (LCCs).
A substantial number of FSCs are in the process of expansion or have long-term plans to optimize their route networks. Leading FSCs (e.g., Emirates) are also focusing on digital transformation, which will help them to improve their process efficiency.
- However, the COVID-19 pandemic has led to a liquidity crisis for airlines that has, in turn, halted expansion plans and forced airlines to realign their digitalization journey.
Similar to hybrid airlines, LCCs are expected to focus more on customer experience by providing IFEC services during the forecast period. This opens the gate for them to earn from online advertisement and eCommerce activity.
These solutions will not only help enhance the passenger experience also ensure the maintenance of high standards of connectivity but will provide new sources of revenue generation.
Leading vendors in aviation Satcom are pivoting their focus on providing more bandwidth to airlines through Medium Earth Orbit (MEO) and Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites.
Business leaders are also collaborating with satellite service providers, which will aid them in providing end-to-end services.
Additionally, new entrants are bringing innovations and utilizing new technologies to enable more reliable efficiency by reducing latency and aiming to present services at a lesser price.
- In the upcoming years, among airlines, the focus will be predominantly on process automation and connectivity. More passengers will use Satcom services, which will display an integral part of airlines’ service offerings.
Key Issues Addressed
- What is the size and state of the market? What is the impact of COVID-19 on the aviation satcom market?
- What are the market drivers and restraints?
- How will the latest trends influence the aviation satcom market?
- Which are the key vendors in the market, and how well are they positioned with respect to their peers?
- What are the major growth opportunities for satcom service providers and satellite operators?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Important Imperatives
- Why is it Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative 8T
- The Impact of the Top Three Strategic Imperatives on Aviation Satcom Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline EngineT
2. Growth Opportunity Analysis – Global Aviation Satcom Market
- Global Aviation Satcom Market Scope of Analysis
- Aviation Satcom Scope and Segmentation
- Global Aviation Satcom Market Segmentation
- Airline Classification by Tier and Region
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Key Growth Metrics for Aviation Satcom Market
- Growth Drivers for Aviation Satcom
- Growth Driver Analysis for Aviation Satcom
- Growth Restraints for Aviation Satcom
- Growth Restraint Analysis for Aviation Satcom
3. Research Methodology
- Key Vendors in the Aviation Satcom Market
- Aviation Satcom Value Chain
- Aviation Satcom Ecosystem
4. COVID-19 – Impact of the Pandemic
- COVID-19 Impact
- Impact on Stakeholders
- COVID-19 Impact on Airlines – Future Outlook
- Forecast Assumptions – Aviation Satcom Market
- Revenue Forecast – Aviation Satcom Market
- Revenue Forecast Discussion – Aviation Satcom Market
- Revenue Forecast by Service (Industry Vertical) – Aviation Satcom Market
- Revenue Forecast Discussion by Service – Aviation Satcom Market
- Revenue Forecast by Region – Aviation Satcom Market
- Revenue Forecast Analysis by Region – Aviation Satcom Market
- Revenue Forecast Analysis by Service – Aviation Satcom
5. Important Leaning
- Demand for More Bandwidth
- Digitalization of Airlines
- Disruption in the Business Model
- Competitive Environment – Aviation Satcom
- Revenue Share – Aviation Satcom
- Revenue Share Analysis – Aviation Satcom Market
6. Key Company Profiles
7. Growth Opportunity Analysis – Cockpit Satcom
8. Growth Opportunity Analysis – Cabin Satcom
9. Growth Opportunity Analysis – IFEC
10. Growth Opportunity Analysis – APAC
11. Growth Opportunity Analysis – North America
12. Growth Opportunity Analysis – Europe
13. Growth Opportunity Analysis – Latin America
14. Growth Opportunity Analysis – The Middle East and Africa
15. Growth Opportunity Universe – Aviation Satcom Market
Growth Opportunity 1: Partnering with LEO Operators to Provide Low-cost Capacity to Airlines
Growth Opportunity 2: Offer Hardware Solutions that are Apt for LEO Capacities
Growth Opportunity 3: Launch New Satellites to Provide Seamless Connectivity
Growth Opportunity 4: Airlines Need to Improve Their Flight Operations Through Aircraft Health Monitoring Systems
Growth Opportunity 5: Enhance the Passenger Experience by Providing Live Content
- Global Eagle
- Panasonic Avionics
- Sports 24
Also read: Former Indigo President Aditya Ghosh joins Akasa Air
Also read: Star Air Hiring For Multiple Job Positions In India