Budget carrier SpiceJet will commence trial for the Travel Pass mobile app of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) for digital health verification.
According to the Airline, the trial will be conducted on Mumbai to Male flights digital health verification with effect from August 23.
- The International Air Transport Association Travel Pass is a mobile application that helps travellers to store and manage their verified certifications for Covid-19 tests or vaccinations.
- The Travel Pass is implied to manage and verify the traveller’s Covid-19 status in line with the governments’ health and other requirements.
- SpiceHealth has been on-boarded by IATA as a lab partner for the Travel Pass trial.
- SpiceHealth is a healthcare company founded by the promoters of SpiceJet.
- Currently, SpiceHealth operates 21 labs and collection centres for RT-PCR and rapid antigen testing spread across 11 cities in India.
According to Ajay Singh, Chairman and Managing Director, SpiceJet, the introduction of Travel Pass will make:
- the verification process simple and hassle-free
- boost both passenger confidence
- make international travel more efficient and secure.
Information Source: News Track Live and TOI.
Also read: Jet Airways employees REJECTED new owner Jalan Kalrock Consortium Proposal.
Read also: 44 New Flights in 35 days! Jyotiraditya Scindia gift to Madhya Pradesh.
Stay Tuned and Stay Informed with us. Have a wonderful day ahead!