Sharing an important update on international travel for Indian travellers visiting UAE, Air India has asked passengers to reach the respective airport at least 6 hours before the departure to undergo a rapid PCR test, which will be conducted for every passenger at the respective departure airport.
In a Twitter post, the airline informed that the test counters will open 4 hours before the flight departure time and will close 2 hours prior to departure.
Good news – Air India
As of August 5, the UAE has allowed some categories of passengers to travel from India. These categories include those with valid residency visas who received the two doses of vaccine in the. UAE, and that 14 days passed since receiving the second dose as well as having. Vaccination certificates approved by official authorities in the country.
Those working in the educational sector who teach in universities, colleges, schools and also institutes are exempted, irrespective of their vaccination status.
For passengers willing to transit through the UAE, Air India asked passengers to contact the local UAE Embassy and the respective country’s Embassy for assistance. Also a requirement to submit a negative covid-19 test report with sample collection done within 72 hours of departure is already in place.
- Requirements for travellers to enter UAE:
- A negative Covid-19 test report issued within 48 hours from the time of collecting the sample to the time of departure. And provided that the tests are from accredited laboratories and carry a QR code.
- Undergo a PCR test at the arriving airport.
- It is mandatory for passengers arriving into the UAE to download and activate the applications:
- UAE Fast Track app
- CA app (Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship) in their smartphones.
Information Source : The Travel world from Economic Times
Also read: HAL signs Rs 5375 Crore contract with GE Aviation.
Read also: Govt may accept bids for privatisation of Six Airports from October BUT CONDITIONS APPLIED!
Stay Tuned and Stay Updated with Aviation a2z. Have a wonderful time ahead 🙂