Independence Day 2021: The jet attack aircraft was originally conceived as a jet trainer with a light ground attack capability. It later evolved to carry out supersonic performance, reconnaissance and tactical nuclear strike roles.
- The French origin aircraft is a:
- 4.5 generation
- twin-engine multirole fighter designed to execute a wide range of missions including:
- anti-ships attacks
- in-depth strikes
- air supremacy
- aerial reconnaissance
- ground support
- interdiction and nuclear deterrence.
- Dassault Rafale literally means “gust of wind”.
- Dassault refers to the Rafale as an “omnirole” aircraft.
Mirage 2000 – Vajra
- One of the most versatile and deadliest aircrafts in the IAF, Mirage 2000 was inducted in 1985.
- It was designed as a lightweight fighter and evolved into a multirole aircraft with many variants developed.
- A multirole, single-engined, fourth-generation jet fighter, it can attain a maximum speed of 2,495 km/hr by a single engine.
- The Mirage-2000 played a crucial part in the 1999 Kargil war and the 2019 Balakot air strike.
- The Tejas is a single-engine multirole light fighter developed by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the Indian Air Force and Indian Navy.
- The Tejas is the second supersonic fighter and came from the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) programme.
- In 2003, the official name of LCA became Tejas.
- The jet attack aircraft was originally conceived as a jet trainer with a light ground attack capability.
- It later evolved to carry out supersonic performance, reconnaissance and tactical nuclear strike roles.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) uses the upgraded Jaguar, which is built locally by HAL under a license agreement.
- IAF recently added Avionics support to upgrade its entire fleet of Jaguars.
MiG 21- Bison
- The fighter and interceptor aircraft continues to serve many countries, six decades after its maiden flight.
- MiG 21 forms the backbone of the IAF and played a decisive role in the 1971 Indo-Pak war.
- The supersonic jet fighter is designed by the Mikoyan-Gurevich Design Bureau and has a maximum speed of 2,230 km/hr.
Mig 27- Bahadur
- MiG 27 is a variable-sweep ground-attack aircraft.
- Over the last four decades, it held the roots of the ground attack fleet of Indian Air Force (IAF). Mig-27 aircrafts earned the the moniker Bahadur meaning valiant.
- In 2019, IAF retired the last two MiG-27 squadrons with a ceremony at Jodhpur air base.
- The Sukhoi Su-30MKI is a multirole and air superiority fighter developed by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- It is a twinjet, a heavy, all-weather, long-range fighter that can carry BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles.
- The aircraft is tailor-made for Indian specifications and the IAF acquired the first domestically rebuilt Su-30MKI in 2018.
MiG 29- Baaz
- India became the first and one of the largest exporters of MiG-29.
- It is a twin-engine jet fighter aircraft which was initially oriented for combat against any enemy aircraft.
- Later, many aircrafts were furnished to perform a number of different operations.
Information Source: NEWS 18 and E T
Also read: MI 17 1V Helicopters showered flower petals after flag posting at RED FORT.
Read also: Visitors BANNED at Kolkata Airport due to security reasons.
Thankyou Dear readers! Subscribe Aviation a2z for more aviation related feeds. Have a wonderful time ahead 🙂