The AAR announced joint venture with Indamer Aviation for new MRO facility in India begins its first maintenance operations at Nagpur hub, today!
AAR-Indamer (Nagpur based MRO) started their maintenance operation today. India have huge potential for development of MRO industry.
The joint venture also congratulated to all Engineers and Technicians working here.
AAR announced joint venture with Indamer
The MRO facility is built in Nagpur, India, was from a long time scheduled to open in 2021 with DGCA certification and previously pursuing FAA and EASA certifications.
The world-class facility is designed to conduct heavy maintenance on all narrow-body platforms including new-generation aircraft.
The inaugural operations -Tweet
The new MRO facility, comprises of six narrow-body bays, including one bay for paint. Additional phases are planned for a total of 16 bays, as well as component repair shops.
Fully aligned with the “Make In India” initiative, the facility will employ Indian residents including some of the existing Indamer workforce.
A training school under Indamer’s CAR 147 certification and the Government of India’s Skill Development Program will allow hundreds of students to gain skill sets and employment in Nagpur.
AAR is a global provider of aviation services to commercial airlines, announced a joint venture with Indamer Aviation.
- Indamer is a leading aviation company in India.
- Made for the development of a new airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in Nagpur, India.
Best training for students
- The MRO will serve India’s fast-growing commercial aviation market.
- It is aligned with the ‘Make In India’ initiative, the facility will employ Indian nationals, including some of the existing Indamer workforce.
The training school is under:
- Indamer’s CAR 147 certification and,
- Government of India’s Skill Development Program
This will allow hundreds of students to gain skill sets and employment in Nagpur. The initial group of students will receive practical training at one of AAR’s MRO facilities in the United States.
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
We are excited to expand AAR’s MRO expertise outside of the Americas in partnership with Indamer. It (which) has the local market and cultural knowledge needed for success, said John Holmes, President & Chief Operating Officer, AAR.
“We are looking forward to bringing our MRO experience to central India to help serve the country’s fast-growing airlines.”
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Indamer
“When we started planning for a new MRO in India, we knew we wanted to leverage the experience of a leading, independent MRO that had been successful in more mature aviation markets,” said Rajeev Gupta, Indamer Aviation CEO.
- AAR is the ideal partner for the company that brings not only the knowledge.
- But also, processes needed to help establish in-country capability and jobs in aircraft heavy maintenance.
Next-generation Aviation Support
“AAR has been embraced by the country’s airlines and supported by the ‘Make In India’ initiative. And, we are proud to be part of the next generation of aviation support in this region,” said Rahul Shah, Senior Vice President of AAR.
Founded in 1947, Indamer Aviation Private Limited is one of the leading General Aviation services companies in India.
- It is approved by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation under CAR 145.
- And, also under Continuing Airworthiness Management Organization (CAMO) -CAR M.
- The company is an authorized service centre for Bombardier and Embraer fleets.
- It maintains fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters manufactured by all OEMs in the western world.
The company maintains aircraft for Private Owners, Charter Operators, State Governments and Training Institutes. Indamer maintains a total of 90 aircraft at 15 locations across Pan India.
- Vikram Sethi, Chief Commercial Officer–
AAR is a global aftermarket solutions company that employs more than 6,000 people in over 20 countries.
It is based in Wood Dale, Illinois. AAR supports commercial aviation and government customers through two operating segments:
- Aviation Services and Expeditionary Services.
- AAR’s Aviation Services include inventory management
- Parts supply
- OEM parts distribution
- Engineering services and component repair.
AAR’s Expeditionary Services include:
- Airlift operations
- Mobility systems
- Command and control centers
- In support of military and humanitarian missions.
More information can be found at www.aarcorp.com.
Information Source: Indamer Aviation, India, Official website
Also read- Indigo Airline introduces regular service between Kolkata-Darbhanga
Also read- Best Airline Flight Attendant in the world
Stay safe and connected.
Keep following us for the latest aviation updates.