Fire extinguishers are part of our daily routine. Most homeowners will have it in their kitchen, homeowners will have it within their rental premises for their tenants, shop owners will have set up multiple locations near the store to meet OSHA and NFPA standards and guidelines, and car owners can have their own car stereos and every Aircraft must carry certain amount of fire fighting equipments.
Now here are some amazing & Wow facts on fire extinguishers :
1) The concept of a fire extinguisher has been around for a very long time. Two thousand, two hundred and nineteen (2,919) years to be exact.hand pump, which, among other things, was used to pump water to extinguish fires Ctesibius of Alexandria developed.
2) Not all fire extinguishers are built in the same way. It come in all shapes and sizes. The smallest extinguisher is a 1.5-pound portable extinguisher that can be mounted on an ATV or car, and the largest 350-pound [2 kg] fire extinguisher is designed to fight fires at oil ports and harbor.
3) There are many types of “products” for extinguishers. Fire extinguishers are manufactured by many different companies. The company will design a multi-component fire extinguisher, delivery systems, agent solutions, and any other unique features that can help them differentiate themselves from the competition.
4) There are various types of fire extinguishers on the market today. In today’s world, fire extinguishers are widely used, and as a result, they are designed to operate in a wide range of settings.
5) Firefighters save lives. Each year, it is estimated that thousands of people are saved as a result of the rapid , use of extinguishers.
Whether it’s a kitchen fire in a house, a car engine fire, a storage fire, or a fire caused by a mother’s natural rage, extinguishers save lives.
6) It is designed to be used by even children.
Even children can Use Extinguishers as it was designed in Simple
The OSHA and NFPA-funded outreach programs have taught people from all walks of life. Also to groups to follow the PASS procedure when using a fire extinguisher.
P: Pull the pin
A: Set under the fire
S: Press the oar
S: Sweep this way and that
7) During second World War the Brominated Halo alkanes was first used.
I hope you found this post Informative, make sure you check ✅ out our Recent video on it :-
Also Read :- What is the cable Tension with Tensiometer types ?